IEE inaugural conference - Empowering educators with evidence
How using evidence can save you money and raise outcomes
Institute for Effective Education, Berrick Saul Building, University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD
We know a lot about what works in schools, but do we apply this in practice? How do we translate academic studies into practical applications for busy teachers? How do educators facing a difficult problem in a school, use the insights from research? How do policy makers facilitate this process?
Now, more than ever, schools are under pressure to produce better results in core skills with declining resources. In this inaugural IEE conference we will explore how evidence – using what works – can help.
Aimed at policy makers and practitioners in education, this conference will appeal particularly to senior practitioners, such as head teachers or members of the senior leadership team, local authority staff working in policy or school improvement, managers of children’s services and curriculum consultants.
Confirmed keynote speakers
- Baroness Estelle Morris, former Secretary of State for the Department for Education and Skills
- Richard Bartholomew, Chief Research Officer. Children, Young People and Families Directorate, Department for Education
- Michael Little, Director of the Dartington Social Research Unit
- Sir John Holman, former director of the National Science Learning Centre
- David Andrews, Dean of the School of Education, Johns Hopkins University
For more details please contact [email protected]